How Much Does an Audiometry Test Cost?
Our diagnostic audiometry test costs are as follows:
- Diagnostic Hearing Test: Adult: $175 (60mins)
- Diagnostic Hearing Test and hearing aid discussion: $225 (90mins)
- Diagnostic Hearing Test: Child>6 months: $120 (45mins)
- Police/Aviation Hearing test $90 (30mins)
Does Medicare Cover Hearing Tests?
If referred directly by an ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) surgeon or a neurologist, part of the cost of the Diagnostic Hearing Test can be claimed back through Medicare. This means you won’t be out of pocket for the entire amount. Please note that a GP referral does not enable this – the referral must come from an ENT surgeon or neurologist.
What is the Cost of Hearing Aids for Pensioners and Department of Veteran Affairs Patients?
Eligible pensioners and Department of Veteran Affairs patients are entitled to free hearing services and hearing aid devices from the Government funded body, the Office of Hearing Services (OHS). You need to have signed the following form by your GP before you visit us.
If you are a pensioner or Veteran, your OHS voucher entitles you to fully subsidised hearing aids at the entry level technology, or you can use the subsidy towards higher levels of technology and pay the “top up” gap.
How To Apply
- Call (03) 9558 8842 to make an appointment with Victorian Hearing. We will need your pension number or DVA number to apply for a voucher on your behalf.
- If you have a referral from a GP or an ENT specialist, please bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you do not have a referral, we will send you a form that we need signed by your GP before your appointment with us takes place.
How Much Does a Hearing Aid Cost?
When it comes to the price of hearing aids, it’s what’s inside that counts. The technology itself is what determines the price point, not necessarily the style or size as many people think.
Generally hearing aids are priced according to categories of technology, and there are essentially 6 levels of technology across all hearing aid manufacturers. Prices per hearing aid price vary from $1000 to $5000 depending on level on technology.